6 Day Scenic Britain Tour
Book now for great discounts
- Stonehenge Visit the ancient stone circle.
- Plymouth See the Mayflower Steps, where the Pilgrim Fathers set sail for the New World.
- Tintagel View the ruined Castle, legendary birthplace of King Arthur.
- Clovelly Visit the historic fishing village of Clovelly.
- Bideford Visit the ancient seaport of Bideford on the river Torridge.
- Glastonbury Visit the Abbey ruins and tomb of King Arthur.
- Bath Visit the Roman Baths, namesake of this Georgian spa town.
- Stratford-upon-Avon Visit Shakespeare’s Birthplace and Visitors Centre and see Anne Hathaway’s cottage.
- Chester View the Tudor architecture and the timbered buildings known as the ‘Rows’.
- Liverpool Visit the home of the Beatles.
- Lake District Visit the village of Grasmere, and view the grave of Wordsworth.
- York See the old walls and Mansion House. View York Minster and stroll along the Shambles.
- Cambridge View King’s College Chapel and the Bridge of Sighs over the river Cam
Connect with England’s rich cultural heritage on a journey exploring royal palaces, ancient monuments like the stone circle at Stonehenge, historic naval artefacts, Roman ruins in Chester, beautiful buildings, bustling cities and breathtaking scenery!
LONDON - STONEHENGE - PLYMOUTH Visit the ancient, mysterious Stonehenge, site of prehistoric pagan worship. This evening in Plymouth after an evening orientation including the Mayflower Steps, meet and get to know your companions and Travel Director at a Welcome Pub Reception which includes a typical British pub meal and drinks.
Meal(s): (Welcome Reception) Hotel: Jurys Inn (F)
PLYMOUTH - TINTAGEL - CLOVELLY - BIDEFORD View the ruins of Tintagel Castle, standing on a dramatic and windswept cliff, believed to be the birthplace of King Arthur. Follow the picturesque Cornish coast north to visit Clovelly, a tiny fishing village with cobbled streets, and then travel on to stay at the ancient seaport of Bideford. Dine this evening at your hotel.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast / Dinner) Hotel: Durrant House (F)
BIDEFORD - GLASTONBURY - BATH - STRATFORD-UPON-AVON Discover the ruins at Glastonbury on an included visit, once the grandest and richest Abbey in England and said to be the burial place of King Arthur. Visit the world famous Roman Baths, a magnificent temple built around Britain’s only hot springs. After a scenic drive through the Cotswold countryside, enjoy an included visit to Shakespeare’s Birthplace and Visitors Centre and see Anne Hathaway’s cottage.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast) Hotel: The Falcon (SF)
STRATFORD-UPON-AVON - CHESTER - LIVERPOOL See the ancient city walls, famous Tudor ‘Rows’ and fascinating Roman ruins in Chester on your orientation walk of the town. Enjoy a Unique Insight into the life of the local Town Crier – an esteemed position which dates back to medieval times. Arrive in Liverpool, hometown of the Beatles. This evening, follow in the footsteps of the ‘Fab Four’ as you drive through Liverpool with your Local Expert on an included Beatles tour.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast) Hotel: Jurys Inn (F)
LIVERPOOL - LAKE DISTRICT - YORK Marvel at the breath-taking landscapes that inspired Wordsworth, Coleridge, Tennyson and other Romantic poets as you drive to the heart of the Lake District, Lake Windermere. Enjoy free time to shop for crafts, discover the world of Beatrix Potter, try the Kendal mint cake or cruise on England’s largest natural lake. This afternoon, see the Shambles, Stonegate, Petergate, and the magnificent York Minster during your orientation walk through York. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Be My Guest Farewell Dinner at an English country home.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast / Be My Guest Farewell Dinner) Hotel: Holiday Inn (F)
YORK - CAMBRIDGE - LONDON See the magnificent architecture of King’s College Chapel in the prestigious university city of Cambridge. Enjoy free time for lunch and a walk to the River Cam to see the famous Cambridge ‘backs’. Arrive in London in the early evening at the end of your memorable holiday.
Meal(s): (Full Breakfast)
- First Class hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities.
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included.
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and an on-board restroom.
- The services of a professional Travel Director throughout your journey.
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar’s recommended London hotel.
- Pick-up and drop-off if you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar, or from the London Reception Centre.
- London airport transfers are available to purchase. Conditions apply.
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences.
- A travel wallet with your documentation.
- Complimentary keepsake photo.
Departs every Friday from 19th April - 27th September