- This service is available on all dates (April to November) when Royal Caribbean, Oceania, NCL, Celebrity, Princess & Azamara Quest cruise ships are visiting Southampton.
- NCL Jade – We are aware this ship may dock at 8.am.
- On occasions when this happens the meeting time will be from 9.am, departure scheduled for 9:30am (instead of 8:30am) and all timings for end of day drop offs one hour later than detailed itinerary below.
- On days where it does dock earlier than 8.am the meeting time will remain as 8.am, departure scheduled for 8.30am.
Joining Procedure At Southampton
- Nearly all cruises at Southampton arrive between 5.am and 6.am in the morning with disembarkation starting around 7.am.
- Your guide will meet you at the terminal building exit from 8.am. We plan to leave Southampton by 8:30am.
- There are 4 cruise terminals at Southampton, all slightly different but you will have a typical walk of about 75 yards to the tour bus where the driver will load your luggage into the hold.
- That is the last time you will see your luggage until you get to London.
- In the unlikely event your ship is delayed into port, we will delay our departure time accordingly (applicable only to the listed ships we service).
- For all delayed ship arrivals we will aim to leave at the latest one hour after docking (earlier if possible).
- On dates when this service is collecting from 2 or more ships and one ship is late, a transfer service will be provided for these customers to ‘catch up’ with the tour.
Arrival in London and Heathrow
- We depart Windsor at 4.pm and drop at Heathrow hotels and terminals 4:45-5:30pm subject to traffic, arriving in Central London 6.-6:30pm.
- We cover the vast majority of hotels in London city centre.
- We also drop at Victoria Coach/train station, Kings Cross/St.Pancras station and Paddington station.
- When enquiring about hotel drop offs please ensure you provide us with the name and full address of the hotel.
Flying From Gatwick, Stansted or Luton Airports?
- If you are flying from Gatwick, Stansted or Luton Airports we can drop you at Victoria Rail or Coach Station around 6:45-7.pm, where there are frequent trains and airport buses to each airport.
- The luggage allowance is 2 large cases per passenger (maximum 23kgs per case) plus 2 pieces of hand luggage (max 10kg per case).
- If you have more than this you must contact our office prior to travel.
- We do not carry outsize items (eg bicycles) and you MUST inform us in advance if you have a wheelchair, mobility vehicle etc.
Booking Conditions and Payment
- In order that we can guarantee your booking, you will need to make payment in full.
- However, all cruise transfer/tours which are booked from this webpage, are not subject to cancellation charges up to 42 days (6 weeks) prior to the the transfer/tour travel date.
- Within 41 days of your travel date, our normal booking conditions shall apply.
Will the tour pick-up from my hotel?
Not unless you are staying at a hotel that is a designated pick-up (you will see options for these before you pay). This is because of Government actions to help prevent pollution, no tour operators have been allowed to make individual hotel pick-ups since 1st April 2017.
Are there toilets on the coaches?
Some coaches have toilets, some do not, but on all tours there are regular comfort stops of no longer than 2 hours apart, plus all places visited have toilets on site.
Will we have time for a full lunch stop whilst on tour?
Unless you book a tour that includes a specific lunch stop then no. Most tours are targeted at seeing as much as possible in one day and do not have time for a full stop. There are options to buy food and snacks at all sites visited, but these can be expensive and most people prefer to bring food and drink with them. Supermarkets, e.g. Tesco Express offer excellent and great value, pre-prepared food that is ideal for this. Here is a store finder link.
Will the tour return to for example London at the time stated or can it be late?
Most tours return at the expected time, but this is always subject to traffic and it is possible there could be a delay and so it is always wise to allow plenty of spare time if you are planning on booking theatre shows, trains or flights etc. after your tour.
What clothes should I wear?
It is always wise to check the weather forecast before setting out. It is good to plan in case of rain, with perhaps a shower coat and umbrella. There will likely be quite a bit of walking on tours and comfy shoes are a must and if any of the tour is on grass e.g. Stonehenge Inner Circle tours then waterproof shoes are sensible. It is often colder out of London than in London particularly if windy and a jumper or fleece in summer are wise and a warm coat in winter.
If visiting London how much time will it take to see all the main sites, will we have time for more than one out of London tour if we only have a week? How long in advance should I book tours?
It is a common mistake that people think it may take six days to see London and only allow a day for out of London tours. However there is so much to see out of London that four days to go out of London will be an amazing experience to see maybe all these locations, Dover, Canterbury, Leeds Castle, Hampton Court, Windsor, Winchester, Glastonbury, Stonehenge, Avebury, Bath, Stratford, Oxford and Warwick.
There are excellent day tours of London that see all of the main attractions in one day and then perhaps allow a further two days to see the Making of Harry Potter Warner Bros. Tour and other London attractions not included on the main tours and do not forget to book your show/theatre tickets well in advance too.
These are all very popular tours, most sell out well in advance and it is wise to book your tours, theatre and attractions several months in advance and you will find good planning in advance will optimise your holiday.
Is it better value to tour sites of London and out of London sites on our own, perhaps hiring a car?
No, fixed tours of both London and out of London are much better value than visiting sites individually and you will find going individually entrance costs alone will add up to more than the fixed tours, even before you factor in travel costs.
Do tours pick-up from any of the London airports?
Sorry no tours depart or return from any UK airports. There are however excellent rapid express trains for example the Heathrow Express.
Can you help me find a discounted best value hotel? Plus theatre/shows and other attractions?
Yes we certainly can and here are some useful links.