Joining Procedure At Dover
- As you exit the ship you will be met by our staff outside the cruise terminal and directed to your coach.
- Princess and Regent are scheduled to arrive between 5.am and 6.am in the morning with disembarkation starting around 7.am.
- Your guide will meet you at the terminal building exit from 8.am.
- We plan to leave Southampton by 8:30am.
- Disney Magic arrival times can vary and tend to be between 5.am to 8.am.
- We plan to leave Dover between 8:30am and 10.am (depending on ship arrival time).
- All Disney Magic customers will be contacted prior to their cruise departing to confirm the exact time.
- In the unlikely event your ship is delayed into port we will delay our departure time accordingly. For all delayed ship arrivals we will aim to leave at the latest one hour after docking (earlier if possible).
Arrival in London and Heathrow
- Arriving in Central London 4.-4:30pm for Princess and Regent and 5:30-6.pm for Disney; we cover the vast majority of hotels in London city centre.
- We also drop at Victoria Coach/train station, Kings Cross/St.Pancras station and Paddington station.
- After completing central London drop offs we will transfer passengers to all the major Heathrow hotels and terminals at around 6.pm-6:30pm for Princess and Regent Seven Seas, and 7:30-8.pm for Disney.
- Please note on arrival in London we may use other vehicles to ensure we complete the drop offs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- If this does happen our drivers, guides or tour managers will manage this.
Flying From Gatwick, Stansted or Luton Airports?
- If you are flying from Gatwick, Stansted or Luton Airports we can drop you at Victoria Rail or Coach Station around 5.pm-5.30pm for Princess and Regent Seven Seas and 6:30-7.pm for Disney, where there are frequent trains and airport buses to each airport.
Please note this is a guaranteed cruise day trip transfer, and will operate on all of the dates listed.
Booking Conditions And Payment
- In order that we can guarantee your booking, you will need to make payment in full.
- However, all cruise transfer/tours which are booked from this webpage, are not subject to cancellation charges up to 42 days (6 weeks) prior to the transfer/tour travel date.
- Within 41 days of your travel date, our normal booking conditions shall apply.
- The luggage allowance is 2 large cases per passenger (maximum 23kgs per case) plus 2 pieces of hand luggage (max 10kg per case).
- If you have more than this you must contact our office prior to travel.
- We do not carry outsize items (eg bicycles) and you MUST inform us in advance if you have a wheelchair, mobility vehicle etc.
Will the tour pick-up from my hotel?
Not unless you are staying at a hotel that is a designated pick-up (you will see options for these before you pay). This is because of Government actions to help prevent pollution, no tour operators have been allowed to make individual hotel pick-ups since 1st April 2017.
Are there toilets on the coaches?
Some coaches have toilets, some do not, but on all tours there are regular comfort stops of no longer than 2 hours apart, plus all places visited have toilets on site.
Will we have time for a full lunch stop whilst on tour?
Unless you book a tour that includes a specific lunch stop then no. Most tours are targeted at seeing as much as possible in one day and do not have time for a full stop. There are options to buy food and snacks at all sites visited, but these can be expensive and most people prefer to bring food and drink with them. Supermarkets, e.g. Tesco Express offer excellent and great value, pre-prepared food that is ideal for this. Here is a store finder link.
Will the tour return to for example London at the time stated or can it be late?
Most tours return at the expected time, but this is always subject to traffic and it is possible there could be a delay and so it is always wise to allow plenty of spare time if you are planning on booking theatre shows, trains or flights etc. after your tour.
What clothes should I wear?
It is always wise to check the weather forecast before setting out. It is good to plan in case of rain, with perhaps a shower coat and umbrella. There will likely be quite a bit of walking on tours and comfy shoes are a must and if any of the tour is on grass e.g. Stonehenge Inner Circle tours then waterproof shoes are sensible. It is often colder out of London than in London particularly if windy and a jumper or fleece in summer are wise and a warm coat in winter.
If visiting London how much time will it take to see all the main sites, will we have time for more than one out of London tour if we only have a week? How long in advance should I book tours?
It is a common mistake that people think it may take six days to see London and only allow a day for out of London tours. However there is so much to see out of London that four days to go out of London will be an amazing experience to see maybe all these locations, Dover, Canterbury, Leeds Castle, Hampton Court, Windsor, Winchester, Glastonbury, Stonehenge, Avebury, Bath, Stratford, Oxford and Warwick.
There are excellent day tours of London that see all of the main attractions in one day and then perhaps allow a further two days to see the Making of Harry Potter Warner Bros. Tour and other London attractions not included on the main tours and do not forget to book your show/theatre tickets well in advance too.
These are all very popular tours, most sell out well in advance and it is wise to book your tours, theatre and attractions several months in advance and you will find good planning in advance will optimise your holiday.
Is it better value to tour sites of London and out of London sites on our own, perhaps hiring a car?
No, fixed tours of both London and out of London are much better value than visiting sites individually and you will find going individually entrance costs alone will add up to more than the fixed tours, even before you factor in travel costs.
Do tours pick-up from any of the London airports?
Sorry no tours depart or return from any UK airports. There are however excellent rapid express trains for example the Heathrow Express.
Can you help me find a discounted best value hotel? Plus theatre/shows and other attractions?
Yes we certainly can and here are some useful links.
Send a Message
Ask a Question